You might be surprised how many diseases and ailments are affected by or actually caused by sugars and carbohydrates. We’ve gathered some of the best information here for you:
- Ketogenic Treatments for ALS
- What is Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Is Diabetes Mellitus a Risk or Protective Factor for ALS?
- The ALS Diet by David A. Steenblock, D.O.
- Hope for ALS treatment after groundbreaking study results revealed
- Stem Cells for ALS: Inside a Clinical Trial
- Stem Cell Therapy for ALS from ALS Association
- Could high blood sugar be a cause of Alzheimer’s disease?
- Alzheimer’s Disease May Start Long Before Even The Earliest Symptoms Become Apparent
- High Blood Sugar Raises Alzheimer’s Risk: Study
- Does failing sense of smell predict Alzheimer’s?
- Peanut Butter Smell Test May Detect Alzheimer’s
- The Deadly Connection Between Diabetes and Alzheimer’s By Edward R. Rosick, DO, MPH, DABHM
- Alzheimer’s and Diabetes Linked? Elevated blood glucose caused increase in amyloid beta levels in the brain… – May 15, 2015, Aging & Diabetes 781
- Alzheimer’s Linked to Diabetes – Diabetes In Control
- Increased Risk of Type 2 Diabetes in Alzheimer Disease – PDF
- Autism: Tornado in the Brain
- Study claims high-fructose corn syrup may be responsible for autism in children from Autism Daily Newscast
- Breakthrough Discovery on the Causes of Autism – by Mark Hyman, MD
- The Intense World Syndrome – an Alternative Hypothesis for Autism – Front Neurosci. 2007 Nov; 1(1): 77–96.
- Autism Linked to Moms’ Diabetes During Pregnancy
- New Kaiser Study Links Autism and Diabetes
- The Paleo Diet and Autism
- Poor metabolism of sugars fuels gut woes in autism – Simons Foundation Autism Research Initiative
- Eliminating Refined Sugar – Relate to Autism
- Bell’s Palsy Fact Sheet from the National Institute of Neurological Disorders
- Sugar Linked with Cancer (NY Times)
- The Metabolic Theory of Cancer and the Key to Cancer Prevention and Recovery
- The Cancer / Sugar Connection : Cancer Feeds on Sugar
- Colon Cancer linked to carb-rich diet
- Curing Cancer: Nobel Laueate Otto Warburg
- Fuel Lines for Tumors – related article with gold breadcrumbs: Nobel Laureate Dr. Otto Warburg, M.D., Ph.D. makes NYTimes.
- Cancer Part III–Dietary Treatments – excellent article covering the negative role of sugars / glucose & insulin in cancer
- Cancer: A Metabolic Disease with Metabolic Solutions — video with Thomas Seyfried Boston College
GALL BLADDER DISEASE
- Professor Loren Cordain on the link between diet and M.S. (Video)
- Beets & M.S.
- Multiple Sclerosis Columns – (Email Newsletter) – The Web’s Daily Resource for Multiple Sclerosis News
- M.S. Cure Enigmas and M.S. Cure Enigmas Blog – Great website and blog covering recent research and trends.
- Another step forward in MS research, Wahls partners with National Multiple Sclerosis Society to compare therapeutic diets – article from the IowaNow news website on Terry Wahls (The Wahls Protocol—a diet and supplement regimen based on a Paleolithic diet) and the NMSS
- Does Diet Matter in Multiple Sclerosis?
- I Gave Up Gluten and Sugar — and My MS Symptoms Got Better
- Multiple Sclerosis : New study: blood flow, brain atrophy & MS
- Liberation Procedure for Multiple Sclerosis
- MS is a metabolic disorder, claims new study
- Refined Sugar & Increase in Symptoms (forum discussion)
- Sugar & MS Symptoms: The Uncoated Truth
- The MS Diet from the MD Diet for Women website. Excellent resource!